Grilled Goat Cheese Crostini with a Tangle of Marinated Roasted Peppers
- 3 medium bell peppers (1 red, 1 orange, and 1 yellow)
- 3 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt Freshly ground black pepper Grilled Garlic Bread (recipe on the facing page)
- 1 4 1/2- to 5 1/2-oz. container of soft, spreadable goat cheese (such as Chavrie®), at room temperature
Goat cheese speckled with fresh thyme is the perfect creamy counterpoint to the sweet, tangy roasted peppers. Serve these crostini as an appetizer or paired with a simple green salad for a light lunch.
- Prepare a medium-high grill fire. Grill the bell peppers, turning occasionally, until the skin chars all over, 15 to 20 minutes. Put the charred peppers in a heatproof bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let sit until cool enough to handle, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, 1/2 tsp. of thyme, the salt, and about 5 grinds of pepper. Mix well.
- Remove the pepper skins and seeds and cut the peppers into thin strips. Add the peppers to the vinegar mixture and let them marinate for at least 1 hour and up to 3 days. (Refrigerate if making more than a few hours ahead and return to room temperature before assembling the crostini.)
- Spread each slice of the grilled garlic bread with a generous layer of goat cheese, sprinkle with some of the remaining thyme, and top with a tangle of the peppers and a small grind of black pepper. Serve immediately.
- 280 CALORIES
- 8G PROTEIN
- 30G CARB
- 14G TOTAL FAT
- 3.5G SAT FAT
- 8G MONO FAT
- 1G POLY FAT
- 5MG CHOL
- 540MG SODIUM
- 2G FIBER